14oz Merchant & Mills Heavy Indigo Denim
A fabulous old school heavy weight (14oz/400gsm) denim that's great for interiors, bags, aprons and of course jeans! Like all Merchant & Mills fabrics this beautiful dense weave cotton denim is amazing quality and will wash and wear for years (and years!) to come - improving even more over time.
We recommend pre washing your denim before sewing. Putting a large piece of medium-heavy weight denim into the washing machine can sometimes lead to white creases in the denim, this is because it is a stiff fabric so it doesn’t have room to move around. We recommend doing the following to help this not to happen:
- Wash your denim on its own for the first wash.
- Sink your denim in water before hand, letting it fully absorb, so you are putting in the denim already wet.
- If you can break up your denim fabric into half this will help.
- For the first wash use a delicate 30 degree cycle with a low spin.
- If any white creases develop ironing whilst still damp will help.
- Do not tumble dry.
Content: 100% Cotton
FAQ & Policies
Please ensure that you read our FAQ and Policies before purchase.
We love seeing what you make! Don't forget to tag your projects @megannielsenpatterns